Version 1 of the Dockerrun.aws.json format is used to launch a single Docker container to an Elastic Beanstalk environment. Version 2 adds support for multiple containers per Amazon EC2 instance and can only be used with the multicontainer Docker platform.
- An AWS endpoint is a URL we try to connect to our AWS web console to access our services to configure them. What is Amazon AWS transit centers? I feel this AWS transit centers are least documented service in AWS documentation which we discussed so far. A transit center is defined as a connection point between actual data center to customers.
- This is a small post on how to start an exited docker container. If you are in IT space for a couple of years, you will know how Docker disrupted IT. Docker just changed many things and simplified many people’s work. In this post, we will see how to start an exited docker container.
- $ docker run -rm -it amazon/aws-cli -version aws-cli/2.1.24 Python/3.7.3 Linux/4.9.184-linuxkit botocore/2.0.0dev10-rm – Specifies to clean up the container after the command exits.
This is a small post on how to start an exited docker container. If you are in IT space for a couple of years, you will know how Docker disrupted IT. Docker just changed many things and simplified many people’s work. In this post, we will see how to start an exited docker container.
If you are working on Docker containers, you may see some of your containers are excited. If you want to know how to start them, then this post is for you.
List all exited docker containers
Docker provide’s docker subcommands, one of that is ps. The ps command will show running containers(processes). To see only containers which are exited(killed) use below command.
To list all the running/exited containers we can just use below command.
We have two methods to bring a container to running state.
Aws Linux 2 Docker-compose
Method 1: Start and attache exited docker container
Aws Linux 2 Docker
Once you get your container ID from the above command list, you can use whatever container ID you want to start with the following command.
Example: I want to start “6ac657c2e560″, use below command for that.
If you want to attach to this started container, you can execute attach command.
Note: If you are new to docker don’t be worried if you don’t see prompt when you connect a container. Mac os 10.8 install gcc. That depends on what app you containerized. In this above example, we containerized bash shell that way you get prompt when you attach to it.
Method2: Start exited container with docker start command
Sometimes the above process will not work. The best bet is to start an exited container and attach with a single command.
Aws Linux 2 Docker Centos
Aws Linux 2 Docker Image
In our next post we will see Docker command examples:The following two tabs change content below.
Aws Linux 2 Docker Command
- Docker: How to copy files to/from docker container - June 30, 2020
- Anisble: ERROR! unexpected parameter type in action:
fix- june 29, 2020
- free: join our devops telegram groups - august 2, 2019
- review: whizlabs practice tests for aws certified solutions architect professional (csap) - august 27, 2018
- how to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - july 19, 2018