If you think your Mac might have a hardware issue, you can use Apple Diagnostics to help determine which hardware component might be at fault. Apple Diagnostics also suggests solutions and helps you contact Apple Support for assistance. Autodesk sketchbook pro sketching mac.
Download Latest Android Apks and Apps for free from Appapks.net. Latest Android Tools, Apps, Games and Utilities.
- There was nothing in the download, but then I realised I probably needed to show hidden. This is the top Apple Support hit for 'Apple Hardware Test El.
- Apple Hardware test.
Prepare your Mac
- Shut down your Mac.
- Disconnect all external devices except keyboard, mouse, display, Ethernet connection (if applicable), and connection to AC power.
- Make sure that your Mac is on a hard, flat, stable surface with good ventilation.
Start Apple Diagnostics
Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps:
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button as your Mac starts up.
- Release when you see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options.
- Press Command (⌘)-D on your keyboard.
- Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold the D key on your keyboard as your Mac starts up.
- Release when you see a progress bar or you're asked to choose a language.
View the test results
Apple Diagnostics shows a progress bar while it's checking your Mac:
When testing is complete, Apple Diagnostics shows the results, including one or more reference codes. Learn about Apple Diagnostics reference codes.
To repeat the test, click “Run the test again” or press Command-R.
To restart your Mac, click Restart or press R.
To shut down, click Shut Down or press S.
To get information about your service and support options, make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet, then click ”Get started” or press Command-G. Your Mac will restart to a webpage with more information. When you're done, choose Restart or Shut Down from the Apple menu.
On an Intel-based Mac, if you can't start Apple Diagnostics with the D key, try these solutions:
- Press and hold Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the internet.
- Make sure that your Mac isn't using a firmware password.